F.A.S.T. legal build, bore and stroke to 496, target 700 hp
727 Auto built for F.A.S.T, spare trans with GV OD for Power Tour
Stock Hemi HD suspension, considering XV level I setup
Lightweight discs all around. Likely Wilwood or Aeromotive.
F.A.S.T. legal bias ply for competition, 275 / 40 18 Rear and 255 / 45 17 Front for touring
Stock appearing and sounding high flow 2.5" system with electric cut outs
Plumb for NOS but no installation
Stock + Tach
Noise & Heat Insulation:
Seals & Gaskets:
Air Conditioning & Heat
None for F.A.S.T. but plumb and wire for install for Power Tour - stock heater and trunk air conditioner
NHRA required belts in front and child booster seat compatible belts in back.
Considering Tiger Cage if it will meet NHRA requirements.
Deleted: radio antenna, Bevedere II, V8, and Pentastar emblems
Modern base clear in stock dark blue metallic color
Custom MHT wheels (Billet Magnum 500 wheels are shown on Northern Bel rendering)
Audio & Electronics
Paper Map and the joys of a long drive.
Automatic tar and feathering, and draw and quartering
Stock appearing with Li-ion guts
Audio & Electronics Other
I purchased this car in 2007. The original owner sold the car in 1968 to the second owner, Leroy Sands. Mr. Sands had an accident with the car and parked in in 1972. At the time there was nothing special about "Hemi cars", so he pulled the engine, transmission, and rearend and put them in a 318 '66 Belvedere II. Mr. Sands still has this original drivetrain in the 318 car.
The car was sold to another gentleman who did not transfer the title and instead sold it to me in 2007. So the title officially was transferred from Mr. Sands to me.
It is now completely disassembled and ready for bead blast or acid dip.
I purchased a rust free '66 Belvedere II donor car in 2008. Plans are:
- Media blast
- Frame align
- Replace sheet metal with metal from donor car: passenger rear quarter, trunk floor, dutchman panel, front fenders, top of cowl.
- Install U.S. Cartool subframe connectors
- Acid dip and ecoat
- Complete bodywork and paint prep
- Install 10 second legal NHRA cage (bolted in)
- Restore trim and reassemble
- Prep for:
- Fuel injection / return fuel lines
- Computer controlled injection, ignition, transmission
- Electric fuel pump
- Line lock
- Brake balance block
- Rear air conditioner install (not installed when competing)
- Direct Gasoline Injection
- Water / Methanol injection
- Restore interior to stock look.
- Build 426 based F.A.S.T. legal Hemi to competitive with top cars. Build 727 transmission and 8 3/4 rearend for same. Use new block and head castings.
Sponsors and Special Thanks
Would welcome sponsors. Please send messages / friend requests to discuss.
Note: I am not sure why some of the items above show with a line through them.